Treating the flu with homeopathic remedies
- Homeopathy can be very helpful for treating influenza and relieving symptoms of fever, body aches, nausea and head pain.
- Quick results: with homeopathy you will often experience relief from your symptoms within minutes.
- There are simple home care options to support your recovery that we can discuss.
- Convenient, affordable care. An acute consultation charge is $45 (for current clients the cost is $35)
- Call me at 612-824-7808 to set up a phone appointment or office visit.
If you get the flu
Our bodies have developed sophisticated responses to both old and new infections and stresses. To support your body’s healing:
- Rest, stay home and sleep as much as possible
- Hydrate – water is best along with carbohydrate-rich fruit and vegetable juices.
- Avoid fever reducing medications. Fever is an important, even vital, defense against infection. Let fever do its’ work.
- Hot epsom salt baths. The heat helps you sweat, which is a detoxification pathway
- Use a neti pot to facilitate nasal irrigation. It cleans out your sinuses and helps you get unstuffed. Just fill with filtered water and a pinch of sea salt.
- Contact your homeopath. Homeopathy has been used with a great degree of success in influenza and other epidemics for 200 years. In the 1918 flu pandemic, homeopaths reported around 1% mortality in their cases, while conventional doctors were losing 30% of their patients.
Prevention is the Best Medicine
- Contact me if you are interested in “homeoprophylaxis” for flu prevention. This a simple protocol that is best administered before the flu season starts.
- Stay out of crowds
- Wash hands, friction and water are sufficient, there is no need to use anti-bacterial soap
- Avoid touching eyes
- Practice good self care: sleep, diet, exercise
- Vitamin D has been well documented to increase the production of over 200 anti-microbial peptides that fight infection.
- Eliminate sugar from your diet as that will impair your immune response.
- Homeopathic constitutional care helps to close the door to susceptibility
Minnesota Homeopathic Association collects and shares key symptoms of the seasonal flu as it emerges in Minnesota. This information is used to guide us toward the “genus epidemicus” — a range of indicated remedies for a particular epidemic. The process for doing this is described in detail by esteemed homeopaths Samuel Hahnemann and James Tyler Kent.
Another great resource is located online at http://flusolution.net. This educational site has information on the most commonly used homeopathic remedies, as well as research and history of the success of homeopathy in epidemics.
“Things can only be made easy by an immense amount of hard work, and if you do the drudgery in the beginning of an epidemic, the prescribing for your cases will be rapid, and you will find your remedies abort cases of sickness”. — James Tyler Kent